IS Case 306: Bronchial artery aneurysm with fistulous connection with the pulmonary arterial system
Imaging Sciences URMC 2009
Publication Date: 2009-08-06
- Bronchial artery aneurysm is a rare entity.
- In all patients who undergo selective bronchial arteriography, it is noted <1% of the time.
- Due to potential risk of life threatening rupture, bronchial artery aneurysms should be treated.
- Intrapulmonary (can present with intermittent / massive hemoptysis)
- Mediastinal (can present as superior vena cava obstruction, dysphagia, hemothorax, hemomediastinum, and hematemesis)
- Zhang LJ, Yang GF, Lu GM. Noninvasive diagnosis of bronchial artery aneurysm using dual-source computed tomography angiography. Acta Radiol. 2008 Apr;49(3):291-4. PMID: 18365817 [PubMed]
- Wilson SR, Winger DI, Katz DS. CT visualization of mediastinal bronchial artery aneurysm. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2006 Nov;187(5):W544-5. PMID: 17056888 [PubMed]